So I finally got Brooklynn in to see an Ophthalmologist (an eye specialist) since her eyes have always been a little strange. She looks at things out of the corner of her eyes and tips her head back to look at things etc. And her eyes don't always track together. After going into the doctors, they put some drops in her eyes to dilate them and then after 45 mins. when they were dilated he use a light and a lens to look at her eyes. Immediately, he said: "Well, no wonder. She is super farsighted."
He ended up writing up her prescription for glasses for a +5 and a +5.50. So basically she can't see up close at all. Her eye sight is horrible. I have awful eye sight (although i am not farsighted like brooklynn, I am nearsighted so I can't see far away) I have -3.50 and -2.75, which is pretty bad. Most people who have 20/20 vision put on my glasses and are like "whoa, you have awful eyes" so to hear that she has +5 is like WOW! No wonder she has issues holding things, dropping things, can't learn certain things etc. She actually has done amazing for herself with how bad her vision is. I am thinking now about how amazingly smart and capable she is even with this vision.
So we went and picked out some glasses for her. She only tolerated them for a minute or so and them tried to take them off, but hopefully when she realizes that they help her see she will leave them on. Fingers crossed.





No comments:
Post a Comment