Monday, August 15, 2011

All about Brooky


Brooklynn coming out of her sedation after the MRI, she looked so dazed it was so cute and funny. :)

So I made an appointment with the geneticist last year and it took 6 months to get in. So in June we finally got in and they had us do an MRI and some special blood work including a DNA test that would help show if she had certain syndromes etc. So finally after like 2 months of waiting I got the results......They all came back....NORMAL.

I guess I should be excited for this and happy that everything is normal, but truth is I'm a little disappointed. I am happy that everything is normal so that maybe this means she is a little more healthy than we thought, at least in these areas, but im disappointing we still have no answers. Its quite apparent that she isn't normal and I still think she probably is autistic. So after a year of looking forward to perhaps getting some answers of what is wrong and I still don't get any.

I am going to get her tested for autism, but after that there isn't much else that I know what to do. Guess I will just have to accept that maybe I might never get any answers and just accept it for what it is. Its just hard when you can't put a name to what is going on. No matter what I will love brooklynn, and really in the end finding out what it is doesn't change how I treat her. I will just love her and do everything I can to help her.

No comments: