Saturday, March 12, 2011

Medical + Medical = lots of $$

Wow I haven't posted for quite a while. Our family, particularly me, have been having some medical issues that have been taking up our time. I have lost 10+ lbs in the last two months and I feel awful. To most people losing that much weight would bring them such joy, but for me I just feel weak, unhealthy and skeletal. I don't really have that much to lose in the first place :( I liked the weight I was at and now none of my clothes fit, they just hang off of me now. bummer :(

So I went in to get my EGD and colonoscopy today. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be luckily :) The doctor said that it is either Ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease...there is no way to know for sure with out doing surgery, but it doesn't really matter because they treat them with meds the same. They are very similar diseases and are both the inflammation of your intestinal tract. Its chronic so I will have it forever, but there is medication you can take to help and to put you in remission hopefully. He also said that my stomach looked a bit inflamed, so that might be the pain i have been feeling that i thought was my gallbladder. I am just glad i found out what it was so that i can fix it.

More info on the diseases:

Ulcerative colitis

Crohn's disease

2 comments:

Erica said...

I am so sorry to hear you had to go through all of that. My brother has Chrones disease and has had it for about 10 years now. :) Doing some research he found the better he ate the better he felt :) He basically removed all "white" things from his diet and he does SO much better now!

Camille Evans said...

awesome. :) thanks for the info. I will try it :)